Pages

What is the number one thing you would like to learn how to save money on?

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Recipe for Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

Well, I'm ready to share my first money-saving
recipe used in the Fowler house. Barry and I 
decided we were going to make up some of these recipes this
weekend and try them out. This was our first experiment,
and it turned out really well.


We've run several loads in the dishwasher thus far and 
every dish has come out spotless. So here's the recipe. 
One source says the price comparison between the average
national brand cost and the homemade is about .14-.17 cents versus .05 cents for the homemade. This is considering that all
ingredients were bought at full retail price.
         So enough of that, here's the recipe:


1/2 cup borax             1/2 cup washing soda
1/4 cup citric acid       1/4 cup kosher salt
          use 1 Tablespoon per load.


Yes, it's that easy. Leave me a comment if you try it and 
let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Hi; This is Carol Young. I was at your party last night . I used the clothes washing detergent this morning . I had a vest that had red ink on it from a leaking pen and it came clean . Now if it takes red ink out BOY.
    I don' have a dish washer , Never had one so I put the sample of dish washing in my dish water and it was so soft and cleaned good. I love it. Tell me more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs.Carol,
    I am so glad it worked for you. I have had great success with it too. I will be offering a "green cleaners and detergent recipes" party next. I will let you know when the next party is scheduled. Thanks for coming out.

    ReplyDelete